Empowered to create
In the evolving world of work, business as usual has become anything but the norm. With today’s workforce becoming increasingly interconnected, getting the most out of top talent means anticipating – and managing – complex, and constant, change.
Meeting these challenges means more than robotic execution. It means rethinking - and rebuilding - the way that top talent is recruited, retained and developed. Building better business outcomes and sustainable competitive advantage means building an Empowered Enterprise. The Empowered Enterprise positions employees at the centre of your strategy. It means turning your organisation into a destination for constant collaboration and innovation – a place where people have the power to learn and share.
Empowering your enterprise means engaging workers, and their individual talents, to drive better performance and productivity that create bottom line results. Building an Empowered Enterprise benefits every part of your business, from lower employee turnover - to increased revenue - to higher customer satisfaction.
Key steps every organisation must take to achieve the empowered enterprise:
1. Employee centred strategy
- Create a common profile & identity
- Know where your organisational knowledge resides - and who knows what
- Increase communication and collaboration through social tools and technologies
2. Create a collaboration destination
- Build a workplace where meaningful work gets done
- Increase the decision making abilities of individual employees
- Manage resources to guarantee your workers have the tools they need to succeed
3. Mobilise talent to deliver results
- Engage employees in their work
- Align skills, desires and results
- Give daily tasks meaning and context through efficient, effective goal setting
- Enable internal mobility to ensure the right people are in the right roles (and have clearly defined opportunities to develop and advance within the organisation)
- Make performance management meaningful - stop evaluating and start developing
and employee performance
is now the second most common business challenge
objectives (quarterly or more often)
dramatically outperform those which create annual cascading-objective programmes
4. Talent management in the cloud
- Identify & implement technologies & tools to manage every component of the employee lifecycle - from selection to succession
- Create a single integrated environment for managing the processes behind your people
- Support recruitment, retention & development through advanced analytics & reporting capabilities
The benefits of building an Empowered Enterprise
Empowering Key Performance Indicators. Empowerment is a key performance indicator for the health and fitness of an organisation’s talent strategy.
Empowering Agility. An empowered workforce is better aligned with an organisation’s business objectives, allowing companies to be smarter and more agile in an ever-shifting business landscape.
Empowering Employee Performance & Productivity. An Empowered Enterprise means higher motivation and employee engagement. Consequently, the Empowered Enterprise has better performance and higher productivity.
Empowering Employee Retention. According to recent research from Mercer, one out of three workers report planning on “leaving their current positions as soon as possible.”
Turn the tide in the war for talent by increasing employee motivation and aligning workers’ objectives and development not only over the short term, but also for the long haul.
Empowering Recruiting. Recruiting to fill headcount won’t help organisations meet the talent gaps of tomorrow. Building a workforce for the future also means growing your own talent in-house by providing the proper training, development and internal advancement opportunities.